25 Characteristics of the End Time Backslider
25 Characteristics of the end time backslider by Bishop Edward Brink.
The end times, according to the Bible, will be marked by many things, including the rise of false prophets, wars and rumors of wars, and an increase in natural disasters. However, one of the most significant signs of the end times will be the prevalence of backsliders. These are individuals who, after having once professed faith in God, have turned away from Him and are now living lives that are contrary to His will. The Bible provides us with a clear picture of what these individuals will look like, and in this article, we will explore the 25 characteristics of the end time backslider.
1. They will be lovers of themselves (2 Timothy 3:2) – Backsliders will be driven by their own desires and will prioritize their own needs above others.
2. They will be lovers of money (2 Timothy 3:2) – Money will be their primary motivation, and they will seek to accumulate wealth at any cost.
3. They will be boasters (2 Timothy 3:2) – Backsliders will be prone to bragging and boasting about their achievements.
4. They will be proud (2 Timothy 3:2) – They will be filled with pride, thinking themselves better than others.
5. They will be blasphemers (2 Timothy 3:2) – They will speak against God and His Word, showing disrespect for divine things.
6. They will be disobedient to parents (2 Timothy 3:2) – Backsliders will not respect authority, including that of their parents.
7. They will be unthankful (2 Timothy 3:2) – They will not appreciate the blessings they have received and will be ungrateful towards God.
8. They will be unholy (2 Timothy 3:2) – Backsliders will be marked by a lack of moral purity and will engage in sinful behaviors.
9. They will be without natural affection (2 Timothy 3:3) – They will lack empathy and compassion, even towards those closest to them.
10. They will be trucebreakers (2 Timothy 3:3) – Backsliders will be prone to breaking promises and will not keep their word.
11. They will be false accusers (2 Timothy 3:3) – They will speak falsely against others, spreading lies and rumors.
12. They will be incontinent (2 Timothy 3:3) – They will lack self-control and will be prone to impulsive behavior.
13. They will be fierce (2 Timothy 3:3) – They will be prone to anger and violence, seeking to harm others.
14. They will be despisers of those that are good (2 Timothy 3:3) – They will reject those who are seeking to do good and will mock them.
15. They will be traitors (2 Timothy 3:4) – They will betray others for personal gain.
16. They will be heady (2 Timothy 3:4) – They will be rash and impetuous, not thinking through the consequences of their actions.
17. They will be high-minded (2 Timothy 3:4) – They will be arrogant and full of themselves.
18. They will be lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God (2 Timothy 3:4) – Backsliders will prioritize their own pleasure and entertainment above serving and pleasing God.
19. They will have a form of godliness but deny the power thereof (2 Timothy 3:5) – They will claim to be religious but will not have a true relationship with God or live according to His Word.
20. They will be ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth (2 Timothy 3:7) – Backsliders will be constantly seeking knowledge and information, but will never truly understand or accept the truth of God’s Word.
21. They will be idle (Titus 1:12) – They will be lazy and unproductive, not using their time or resources for good purposes.
22. They will be deceivers (Titus 1:10) – They will spread lies and falsehoods, deceiving others and leading them astray.
23. They will be defiled (Titus 1:15) – They will be spiritually impure and corrupted by sin.
24. They will be disobedient (Titus 1:16) – They will not obey God’s Word or the authorities that He has placed in their lives.
25. They will be unfit for any good work (Titus 1:16) – Backsliders will not be able to produce good fruit or do good works because they have turned away from God and His will.
These 25 characteristics of the end time backslider paint a bleak picture, but they are a warning to all of us to be vigilant and guard against falling away from our faith. It is easy to become distracted by the pleasures and temptations of this world, but we must remember that our true home is in heaven and our ultimate goal is to please God. Let us strive to live holy and pure lives, seeking to do His will and serve Him faithfully until He returns.