Resolving conflict the bible way
Resolving conflict the bible way.
Resolving conflict the biblical way as outlined by Bishop Edward Brink
1) PATIENCE Psalm 37:7-8 Amplified Bible (AMP) Be still before the Lord; wait patiently for Him and entrust yourself to Him; Do not fret (whine, agonize) because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who carries out wicked schemes. Cease from anger and abandon wrath;
Do not fret; it leads only to evil.
2) WISDOM & UNDERSTANDING Proverbs 4:7 Amplified Bible (AMP) The beginning of wisdom is: Get [skillful and godly] wisdom [it is preeminent]!
And with all your acquiring, get understanding [actively seek spiritual discernment, mature comprehension, and logical interpretation]
3) AVOID QUICK DEFENSE WITH MANY WORDS. Proverbs 10:19 Amplified Bible (AMP) When there are many words, transgression and offense are unavoidable, But he who controls his lips and keeps thoughtful silence is wise.
4) AVOID JEALOUSY AND ENVY Proverbs 14:30 Amplified Bible (AMP) A calm and peaceful and tranquil heart is life and health to the body, But passion and envy are like rottenness to the bones.
5) SPEAK SOFTLY WITH ONE ANOTHER Proverbs 15:1-2 Amplified Bible (AMP) 1 A soft and gentle and thoughtful answer turns away wrath, But harsh and painful and careless words stir up anger. 2 The tongue of the wise speaks knowledge that is pleasing and acceptable,
But the [babbling] mouth of fools spouts folly.
6) A PEACEFUL ATTITUDE John 14:1 Amplified Bible (AMP) 1 “Do not let your heart be troubled (afraid, cowardly). Believe [confidently] in God and trust in Him, [have faith, hold on to it, rely on it, keep going and] believe also in Me. 27 Peace I leave with you; My [perfect] peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be afraid. [Let My perfect peace calm you in every circumstance and give you courage and strength for every challenge.]
7) DON’T HAVE A CRITICAL ATTITUDE Ephesians 4:29 New King James Version (NKJV) 29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.
8) PRAY WITHOUT CEASING 1 Thessalonians 5:17 Amplified Bible (AMP)17 be unceasing and persistent in prayer.
This is God’s way for resolving conflict the Bible Way.
Come and learn how to change the world at our Bible School at Mitchells Plain, Cape Town.